To be the youth sports organization within Alaska every child wants to be a Member of, every Volunteer wants to support, and every local business wants to sponsor.
To provide a safe, positive athletics experience while remaining affordable for our Members and fiscally responsible as an organization.
- To provide the physical, mental, emotional, and social safety of our Members first and foremost.
- To provide a positive athletics experience to our Members through everything we do.
- To remain affordable youth sports organization and offer the best value for the investment to our Members and Sponsors.
- To remain fiscally responsible while maximizing the resources available to us.
- To assume a leadership position in the Alaskan youth sports community.
- Safety – We strive to ensure our environment is safe and every Member and Volunteer is safe from physical, mental, emotional, and social harm and is encouraged to achieve his/her potential free from ridicule and attack.
- Cooperation – We are one, both on and off the field, and are a single entity, being thoughtful, considerate, respectful, and supportive of each other, bearing each other’s burdens and celebrating each other’s successes on the path to achieving each Member’s and Volunteer’s goals.
- Accountability – We will be accountable for our actions and hold our Members and Volunteers accountable for theirs, displaying humility for our mistakes and forgiveness for those of others. Actions are what matter and we will not judge others (or ourselves) by what is said nor make excuses for what is not done, but instead what is performed.
- Integrity – We aim to be honest, trustworthy, principled, and unafraid to make the morally right decision, even if it’s an unpopular one and will hold ourselves, our Members, and our Volunteers to these high standards in the this pursuit of greater expectations.
- Optimism – We will always be the eternal optimists, the hoper of far flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams, dedicated to supporting our Members and Volunteers to realize their goals, irrespective of how big or small.
- Commitment – We will remain true to our stated beliefs and will work tirelessly, irrespective of the challenges faced, to remain balanced and focused in the pursuit of achieving our Members and Volunteers goals.
When the external community (Members, Parents, Sponsors, Community) speak of Boys & Girls Clubs – Athletics they will refer to us as:
- Responsive and respectful to its Members, Parents, Volunteers, Sponsors, and the Community at-large
- Leaders within the Alaska youth sports community
- Best value and most positive athletics experience for the investment